Official Contest Rules
From UFM - Singularity University
- The contest will take place between December 15, 2010 and March 15, 2011.
- The winner will be awarded a scholarship to the 2011 Graduate Studies Program (GSP) at Singularity University (SU), valued at $30,000; roundtrip airfare from Guatemala to San Francisco; and roundtrip transportation between San Francisco airport and the NASA Ames Research Center.
- Entries will be accepted from December 15, 2010 to March 31, 2011. The only way to enter the contest is through the website http://www.su.ufm.edu.
- The winner will be announced on the contest website on April 15, 2011.
- Must be 35 years old or younger.
- Must be residents of Central America.
- Must have a valid U.S. visa.
- Must have medical and life insurance with international coverage.*
- Must speak English.
- Must be available to participate in the SU Graduate Studies Program, June 18 to August 27, 2011.
1. The contest winner must present the following documents before April 30, 2011.
- Photocopy of his or her passport (must be valid for at least six months).
- Photocopy of a valid U.S. visa.
- Photocopy of a document with proof of residence.
- If employed, the winner must present a letter signed by his or her employer granting permission to be absent from work to attend the Graduate Studies Program in 2011.
2. The winner must have a computer to use during the Graduate Studies Program.
- Entries that meet all of the requirements will be judged on the following criteria: entrepreneurial and technological vision, national relevance, coherence, and viability. Contestants must speak fluent English.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
- The name of the winner will be announced on the contest website March 15, 2011.
Winner’s Obligations to UFM
The winner will sign a document in which he or she agrees to:
a) Complete the principal module of the Graduate Studies Program at Singularity University.
b) Comply with UFM standards of conduct as specified in the Reglamento General de la UFM.
c) Create and maintain a blog and Twitter account for the exclusive purpose of sharing his or her experiences, impressions, and lessons learned during the 2011 Graduate Studies Program.
d) Provide information on the experience that can benefit the UFM community (on the dates and in the format specified).
e) Share all materials acquired during the program so that UFM may make use of them.
f) Authorize UFM to use his or her image as well as written and spoken statements for publicity purposes.
In the case that the winner cannot meet these requirements, the second-place contestant will be declared the contest winner and will be awarded the prize. If he or she also fails to meet the requirements, the third-place contestant will be declared the winner. If none of the three finalists meets the requirements, the contest will be declared void.